This past Tuesday we met (and surpassed) our fundraising goal for our Shan State Earthquake Relief Project! Our goal was to raise 45,000 baht ($1,500) for two local non-governmental organizations operating in the affected area, but our current total now stands at 63,624 baht ($2,120)!! A tremendous thank you to each and every person who has helped with this project, whether you dropped 5 baht in our donation box, or purchased a number of our fundraising t-shirts for your friends and family members! We never anticipated such a generous and caring response.
We would like to give a special mention to the Myanmar Socialhilfe e.V organization. The group is comprised of around 50 Burmese immigrants living in Frankfurt, Germany. The group wanted to do something to help the earthquake survivors in Shan State, and chose our project to support. We are very, very grateful to them.
Even though we have raised more money than we originally thought possible, we will continue to raise funds to support relief projects in Eastern Shan State. The latest news is the largest remaining needs in the area continue to be for drinking water, roofing, and building materials. We still have a number of the Shan State Earthquake Relief t-shirts available for purchase, and we will have them available at Sunday’s film screening, as well as at the library.
- Support our partner project: ExPPACT
- Busy Season in Chiang Mai – Events and Updates
- UPDATE: Shan State Earthquake Relief Project
- Shan State Earthquake Relief Project
- Water for Peace: The Best Friend’s newest project
- Upcoming Events at our Library in Chiang Mai
- More than $2,000 raised for The Best Friend and other Burma-related organizations in Chiang Mai!
- Photo Message Project – Only 6 More Days! Please Participate!
- Ashin Kovida special guest at Project Week Swiss school
- Two Friends in Action: The Best Friend project work with Migrants of the Mae Sot Rubbish Dump